Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 3 • 1a

Good evening, AlloProf

I was wondering if you could give a small brief explanation about the difference of present perfect and past perfect?

Thank you!

-RequinAuthentique849

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (3)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 1a

Hello RequinAuthetique849,

The Present Perfect is used when :

1) There's a past action with a present result (or recently finished action);

2) There's an unfinished time, that means a past action that is not yet finished (the time period is still going on);

3) There's an indefinite time, that means a past action at an unspecified time (past actions that are repeated).

The Past Perfect is used when :

1) You write/talk about a finished action that happened before a second action in the past;

2) You want to put emphasis on the duration of an action that happed before another action/moment in the past.

For more information, please visit these :

• Present Perfect :
    • Past Perfect :

I hope it helped ! :)

Noémie

• Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide Explication d'un(e) Pro

Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide

Tu peux faire confiance à cette explication, car elle est donnée par une personne identifiée comme étant fiable par Alloprof.

Options
    Pro de la zone d’entraide • 1a

Good evening RequinAuthentique849,

Thank you for using Alloprof to answer your question.

To start off, the present perfect presents past action with present result, a recently finished action, a past action that hasn't been finished yet, past actions at an unspecified time or repeated past actions. Whereas, the past perfect marks an emphasis on the duration of an action before another action or moment in the past, or it simply presents a finished action before a second action in the past.

Here are some Alloprof articles that may come in handy:

https://www.alloprof.qc.ca/fr/eleves/bv/anglais/past-perfect-0-a2440

I hope this has helped you and have a wonderful evening! :)

DragonTurquoise2534

• Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide Explication d'un(e) Pro

Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide

Tu peux faire confiance à cette explication, car elle est donnée par une personne identifiée comme étant fiable par Alloprof.

Options
    Pro de la zone d’entraide • 1a

Good evening RequinAuthentique849,

Thank you for your question ! Here are two plugs that will help you to understand the difference between the present perfect and the past perfect :

I really hope that I was able to help you !

Poser une question