Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 2 • 2a

Hi good morning,

I have a english question.

Can somoene help me with the descriptive text structure?

Thanks in advance.

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 2a

Hi ! :) Of course we can help !

So, the descriptive text basically describes how something (object, fact, animal) is constructed. For example, you could write a text on tigers and explain what is their habitat, what they eat, what do they physically look like, etc. Here is the structure :

• Introduction : Introduce the topic in a way to interest your readers : you can start with a question, a stat. Then, you clearly write out your thesis (the subject you're talking about precisely).
    • Body paragraphs : This is where you talk about an aspect of the subject (one aspect = one paragraph usually, but ask your teacher). If we look at our previous example on tigers, the habitat would be paragraph 1, their nutrition would be paragraph 2, and so on.
    • Conclusion : brief recapitulation of what you have written about + opening (could be a question or a fact about a similar subject).

There you go! :) Now i think you are well prepared for your writing !

Don't hesitate to reach out to us again! We will gladly help you :)

Sarah G

Poser une question