Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 1 • 1a

hi, can you explain whats the difference between flotsams and jetsams. and what’s the difference between who and whom. thanks

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 1a

Hi!

Here is an article that describes the difference between jetsam and flotsam.

The main difference between who and whom is if they are doing or receiving the action.

You use "who" when the word is the one performing the action. It is used to refer to the subject of the action.

Ex:

My sister is an artist who likes to draw. (Here, the "who" wich refers to the sister is the one doing the action of "liking to draw").

You use "whom" when the word is the one receiving the action. It is used for the object of the action.

Ex:

I don't know with whom I will go to the party. (Here, the "whom" is not the one doing the action of "not knowing", it is the object of that action).

I hope this helped! If you have another question, don't hesitate to ask! We'll be happy to help you!

Laurie :)

Poser une question