Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 3 • 1a

What's the difference between a narrative text and a descriptive text?

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (2)

• Options
    Secondaire 1 • 1a

Hey there, I hope your day's been well!

There are many differences between a narrative and a descriptive text.

First of all, a descriptive text, is a text that will tell you more about a certain subject (basically describing it to you). The goal of this type if text is to reveal a particular person, place or thing.

Next, I would like to tell you what a narrative text is. A narrative text (which I mostly get assigned to do in class) is basically a story. When writing a text like this, you should be stating a series of events in the order they have occurred. (A text like this will most likely be written in chronological order).

**There would be a fictional (or not) character that would be the main personage, then a problem happens, and the character has to solve it.

Finally, here are some examples:

NARRATIVE

• A girl finds a mysterious key.
    • A dragon breaks his wing and can't fly.
    • And more... With these types of texts, you can get creative.

DESCRIPTIVE

• An informational text about Rosa Parks.
    • An informational text about endangered species.

Don't hesitate to reach out to the Alloprof team! They are a terrific team always to the rescues with any of your questions, you have regarding any subject!

Hope this helps,

AnanasArtistique

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 1a

Hi!

A narrative text is, most of the time, a fictive story where you will find charachters. Novels are narrative texts.

A descriptive text is a text in wich you find descriptive information about a subject. For example, an article that describes dolphins would be a descriptive text.

If you have another question, don't hesitate to ask. We'll be happy to help! :D

Laurie :)

Poser une question