Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 1 • 11m

en fait je voulais savoir quand on utilises le verbe to say et quand ont utilise to tell ?

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (2)

• Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide Explication d'un(e) Pro

Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide

Tu peux faire confiance à cette explication, car elle est donnée par une personne identifiée comme étant fiable par Alloprof.

Options
    Pro de la zone d’entraide • 11m

Bonsoir RobotComique6540,

Merci d'avoir utilisé la zone d'entraide pour répondre à tes questions.

"To say" and "to tell" are both verbs used to convey information or express something verbally, but they are used in slightly different ways.

"To say" is a more general verb that is used when expressing words, thoughts, or statements. It is often followed by a direct quotation or an indirect statement.

Examples:

• She said, "I'll be there at 7 p.m."
    • He said that he was feeling tired.
    • They said they would support the project.

"On the other hand, "to tell" is used when there is a specific recipient or audience for the information being conveyed. It is often followed by an object (the person being addressed) and can be followed by a direct quotation or an indirect statement.

Examples:

• She told me, "You did a great job!"
    • He told his parents that he got accepted into university.
    • They told the team members about the upcoming changes.

In summary, "to say" is used more generally to express words or statements, while "to tell" is used when there is a specific recipient or audience involved.

En espérant que cela répond à ta question, je te souhaite une bonne soirée! ;)

OrAutonome2754

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 11m

Bonjour!

Voici une ressource que j'ai trouvé en ligne qui pourrait t'aider. La nuance est assez subtile entre ces deux verbes, je te suggère donc de consulter la ressource pour avoir plus de détails.

On utilise «to say» lorsqu'on ne s'adresse pas directement à quelqu'un, pour décrire une situation où quelqu'un a dit quelque chose.

Exemples :

She said she was too sick to come.

I say we go to the park.

He said he would think about it.

On utilise «to tell» lorsqu'on s'adresse directement à quelqu'un.

I told her to pause the movie.

Every night, I tell my little brother a story.

She told me about you problem.

Voici la ressource mentionnée plus haut :

J'espère t'avoir aidé! Si tu as d'autres questions, n'hésite pas à nous réécrire! :D

Laurie :)

Poser une question