Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 3 • 2m

Hi

I have to answer a development question related to the book The Outsiders. I'd like to make sure that the examples given are related to ''Identity''.

If you have any recommendations to make my answers better or any mistakes, please tell me

Thank you

Discuss the message of this novel on the theme of identity.  Give 2-3 specific examples from the text to support your views:

In this novel, the theme of identity is explored through the different social classes: the Socs and the Greasers. This novel has many important messages. Firstly, do not judge someone based on their external appearance. For example, at the beginning of the novel, Ponyboy wishes that his eyes were more gray rather than green because he hates most guys who have green eyes. However, the more the story progresses, his perspective changes. He mentions on page 130 that he realized that Cherry, who is a Soc, has green eyes. This example makes it clear to him that even under those given labels they are the same. Secondly, being street-smart and intelligent sets apart Ponyboy from the rest of the gang. Ponyboy is still in school and gets amazing grades unlike his brother, Sodapop for instance. He enjoys reading and writing poems. However, on page 13, after Ponyboy's accident, Darry is mad at him for not using his common sense and always putting himself in some trouble. For example, Dallas is street-smart. He carries an unloaded gun to foul the cops.

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 2m

Good evening PapillonSigma! :)

The examples you provide are good and they are indeed related to the theme of identity! That's great!

The only small piece of advice I can give you is to ensure that the ideas are well connected. For example, when you say « for example, Dallas is street smart», it's not clear what you are trying to illustrate.

Additionally, the «that» before « his eyes were more gray» is not necessary.

That's it! You did a great job!

Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

Marilee

Poser une question