Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 3 • 2m

Hello,

I sent an email yesterday to see if my text was correct and received this comment: Maybe try to explain them a little bit more ?

I'd like to make sure that I corrected this mistake.

Thank you

Discuss the message of this novel on the theme of hope. Give 2-3 specific examples from the text that support your views: 

The novel delves into the theme of hope, where we witness a change in Ponyboy's behaviour after his friend Johnny's death. Firstly, he doesn’t care about school anymore, he gets bad grades, but he still finds solace in reading. On page 178, he decides to read ‘’Gone with the Wind’’, and at the book's opening, a letter written by Johnny falls. At the end of the letter, he explains to him what ‘’stay gold’’ means. It becomes a symbol of hope and motivation for Ponyboy to look forward to a better future, even when the circumstances aren't great. Secondly, the sunsets are also used as a sign of hope to close the gap between the Greasers and the Socs. For example, on page 40, Ponyboy realizes that both of these groups have different lifestyles, but they watch the same sunset. The sunset is used as a reminder that there is still beauty in the world. The sunset reminds them that despite the problems around them there is still a chance for peace. It explains that differences can be a good thing and that hope can overcome hate. 

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 2m

Hello ! :)

Great work ! Goodjob, this is exactly what you had to do ! :)

Sarah G

Poser une question