Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 3 • 2m

Hello,

I received an answer to my question, and I'd like to know if I corrected it. Is my point of view clear now?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it :)

The text:

In this novel, the theme of identity is explored through the different social classes: the Socs, and the Greasers. This novel has many important messages. When Greasers come to mind, people often associate them with being violent troublemakers. On the other hand, when they think about Socs, they imagine wealthy bullies who love starting fights. Firstly, Ponyboy, a Greaser, realizes that one should not judge someone based on their external appearance. For example, at the novel's beginning, Ponyboy wishes his eyes were more gray than green because he hates most guys with green eyes. However, the more the story progresses, his perspective changes. He mentions on page 130 that he realized that Cherry, who is a Soc, has green eyes. This example makes it clear to him that they are the same even under those given labels. Even though Greasers and Socs don't get along, Ponyboy starts to have mixed feelings about Cherry. He doesn't just see her as a Soc, but as a person with her problems and feelings, even though they're from different groups.

Secondly, being street-smart and intelligent sets Ponyboy apart from the rest of the gang. Ponyboy is still in school and gets amazing grades, he enjoys reading and writing poems, unlike his brother, Sodapop, so he has a better chance of having a successful life. Also, most of the Greasers don’t do well in school. However, on page 13, after Ponyboy's accident, Darry is mad at him for not using his common sense and always putting himself in trouble. For example, unlike Ponyboy, Dallas is street-smart. He carries an unloaded gun to foul the cops. This explains how the gang members are all different. Identity and societal labels are examined through the characters' experiences.

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 2m

Hello again !

Your point of view is clear now. You explained the dynamics between the groups thoroughly and voiced clearly how Ponyboy's view changed through the book.

Great job ! :) Keep it up !

Sarah G

Poser une question