Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 4 • 1m

Hello, it’s me again ;)) I just wanna clarify the definition of urban sprawl and its consequences. The term urban sprawl means the expansion and development of suburbs areas around the cities right? So it’s like building houses, roads or other infrastructures. Usually, they build them on farmlands right? Like I don’t understand are suburbs also rural areas? How can people just move to suburbs. The first consequence is Traffic Jams, but this is caused by people coming to the suburbs right?

Histoire

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (2)

• Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide Explication d'un(e) Pro

Explication d'un(e) pro de la Zone d'entraide

Tu peux faire confiance à cette explication, car elle est donnée par une personne identifiée comme étant fiable par Alloprof.

Options
    Pro de la zone d’entraide • 1m 17 Mar modifié

Hello,

Thanks for using alloprof!

suburbs can be next to rural areas since usually, they may build them on natural places like farmlands who just happen to be next to the city.

also, Traffic Jams caused by people from suburbs traveling to the city for work.

I hope i helped.

good day!

PerleTurquoise5866

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 1m

Hi AdorableApatosaurus7671 !

Thanks for reaching out again. :)

Yes, the term urban sprawl is indeed used to talk about the expansion and development of suburbs areas around the cities. However, urban sprawl also includes large population growth in these new areas. However, urban sprawl also implies a growth of the population in these new areas, which causes traffic, among other things.

The thing is that urban sprawl is the result of a shortage of arable land in the rural areas. Residents were thus obliged to head to the city (and the new areas as suburbs) to find a job. So the new infrastructures were not exactly build on farmlands.

Hope this helps ! Do no hesitate if you have any other questions, we're here to help !

Océane :)

Poser une question