Skip to content

Concours : Relooke ton coin d’étude

Pose une question scolaire dans la Zone d’entraide pour la chance de gagner un prix de 350 $! Voir les détails

Voir les détails

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 1 • 2a

Hello. So this week I have to write an essay for my English class. I have never really written a general statement and I need help making one. You probably have read the novel And then there were none by Agatha Christie. I will have to write a general statement on someone’s guilt in the novel. Any examples of general statement?

thank you!

Anglais

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 2a

Hello,

A general statement represents a large idea. It does not describe in detail a particular event. It can summarize it though and mention the main truth.

To have a better idea, let's compare it to a specific statement. The specific statement will give details or evidence to support the general fact.

For example, “She is a dancer.” is a general statement, it needs further explanation. Whereas “She has been a hip hop dancer for 15 years and makes a living out of it.” is more specific.

You can find general statements in nonfiction, history, psychology, critical essay, polemic, poetry:

Success is counted sweetest

By those who ne'er succeed.

(Emily Dickinson)

Philosophy:

To philosophize is to learn how to die.

(Karl Jaspers)

Advertising:

Things go better with Coke!

(Lydon, M., 2012)

The author knows how to make a point just by one sentence.

If you have other questions, do not hesitate!

Poser une question