Skip to content

Zone d’entraide

Question de l’élève

Secondaire 4 • 2m

Hello, I have a question for grade 10 History :). We know that the electoral map underneath changes too during the Quiet Revolution period. I’m not sure if my explanation is correct so can you please go through it? ;))) For me, I believe that an electoral map is the entire area within Quebec that could vote for a person. And the electoral district is a portion of the electoral map. During 1960s, the number of voters in each electoral district varied, and this contributed to the disproportionate representation among the districts. Like some areas have more people, the others have less voters. This will lead to an imbalance in elections. Therefore, the electoral map is redistributed so that each districts will have a quiet similar number of representatives right? For my textbook, it says “the electoral map is redrawn to ensure that the representative of districts was more proportional to their population”. Is that the same like what I explained? I do not understand this sentence from my textbook.

I also have a second question! ;)) Why did Lesage create so many more departments. Was it because that he intended to reform the civil services like ridding them off of corruption and favoritism. He also wanted to hire more and more academics and professionals, so he created new departments in order to give a quality public services to the population right?

Thank You:))))

Histoire

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explications (1)

• Explication d'Alloprof

Explication d'Alloprof

Cette explication a été donnée par un membre de l'équipe d'Alloprof.

Options
    Équipe Alloprof • 2m

Hello again ! :)

Yes, your first explanation is right ; the sentence from your books basically says that the map was redrawn in order for the «weight» of the districts (sections in which the map is divided) to be representative of the population. You voiced it very well. :)

As for your second question, he for sure wanted to create and reform social services ; his politics were in favour of State Intervention (for the state to invest money in social services and infrastructures to develop the society and help the population). Goodjob ! :)

Keep up your goodwork ! Don't be shy to contact us again if you have any other question ! ;)

Sarah G

Poser une question