Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Secondary II • 2yr.

Good morning!!

In my homework, I am asked to explain the causes of humanism but I do not remember anymore. Can you help me please?

History

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (1)

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 2yr.

Good morning Quiet Dragon!

Humanism is a current of thought that appears in the 15th century in Europe. It is a new vision of Man where God is no longer at the center of everything. It is now the human being who becomes the center of concerns. This current has many impacts in art, architecture, science and many other fields.

Humanism finds its foundations in the rejection of medieval thought. Towards the end of the Middle Ages, some Italian intellectuals rediscovered texts and authors from Antiquity. These texts bring into question the place of the Christian religion in society.

The ideas of the humanists will be widely disseminated throughout Europe thanks to the invention of the printing press and by correspondence between intellectuals. They will first be broadcast in Italy and subsequently throughout Europe.

I hope that answers your question!

Do not hesitate to write to us again! :)

Ask a question