Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Secondary I • 2yr.

Hi! I don't fully understand the difference between movement, force, effects, and consequences ... Can you enlighten me, please?

Thank you 🙂

Science

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (1)

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 2yr.

Hello NaiveAbafar3712!

When an object moves, it performs a movement. This movement can consist of a translation, a rotation, or a helical movement.

A force can lead to movement or deformation. For instance, forces such as tension pull an object, and compression pushes an object.

The effects of forces are caused by the different uses of the aforementioned forces on material. For example, if a compressive force is applied to an object, a crushing effect ensues. Conversely, a stretching effect is caused by a tensile force. A twist is produced by two forces that exert a rotation on an object but in opposite directions. Bending occurs when forces with differing orientations are applied at different places on an object. Shear is the result of two parallel opposing forces applied very near each other.

The effects of forces can have various consequences. Some may be elastic, that is to say, that the object can revert to its initial shape. Others can lead to plastic consequences, leading to permanent deformation of the object. Finally, when the force applied is too strong, it may result in the object's rupture, which is another way of saying that the object breaks.

I hope this answers your question! Do not hesitate to come and see us if you have any other questions :)

Ask a question