Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Secondary II • 2yr.

Hello, I would like to know the social consequences of industrialization !! Thank you :)

History

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (1)

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 2yr.

Good evening!

I'll start by explaining what is the industrialization according to Alloprof:

Industrialization is a widespread mechanization and a sharp increase in factory work. Industrialization is also explained by the shift from an artisanal mode of production (goods made entirely by hand) to an industrial mode of production (goods made in factories). 

The phenomenon of industrialization began in Great Britain in the 18th century when the demand for textiles and metallurgy increased dramatically.

Industrialization has several consequences. For example, the mechanization of agriculture results in the displacement of the population living in rural areas towards the cities in order to find employment. This phenomenon is called “rural exodus”.

In order to find other consequences on the social level, I invite you to consult our sheet on this subject.

I hope that answers your question!

Ask a question