Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Grade 6 • 2yr.

Hi!

I have trouble correcting my texts. Do you know what should I pay attention to when correcting myself? For 6th grade please

Thank you !!

English

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (1)

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 2yr. edited October 2021

Good evening ! That's a very good question.

Here is a list of things to do that will help you correct your texts:

1. Reread the text aloud. Reading your text aloud can help you spot mistakes that you might not have seen by reading it in your head.
    2. Verify the syntax. Do all your sentences have a subject and a predicate? Are the words in the correct order?
    3. Verify punctuation. Did you put periods at the end of your sentences? Are the commas correctly placed? Do the questions have question marks at the end?
    4. Verify the spelling. While writing your text, leave a mark like a star above the words you don't know the spelling of. You can look them up in the dictionary later to check how they are spelled.
    5. Identify homophones. Did you use the correct homophone? For example : blew or blue
    6. Identify the verbs. Check if you used the correct termination.

There you go ! These tips will help you correct your texts. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to write to us again!

Ask a question