Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Grade 6 • 11mo.

Hello, I hope you had a wonderful Friday. I would like to ask you for a bit of help for this problem. I don’t really understand it and I’m not sure how to convert the minutes into hours for this one since the minutes were very large in time. Here’s an image of the activity that I struggled with:

CF27847B-D599-4C41-8F1D-0469A0F774CF.jpeg

I’m not sure if I did it right. If you spot any errors could you point them out? (It would mean a lot to me. ☺️)

Thank you,

Mathematics

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (1)

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 11mo.

Hello,

When working with seconds, you have to divide by 60 to get a result in minutes.

$$ 1\text{s}=1\text{s}\cdot\frac{1\text{min}}{60\text{s}}=\frac{1}{60}\text{min} $$

I suggest you convert it at the very end so that you have fewer calculations to make.

You have made a calculation mistake, so start again from this step.

image.png

You also forgot to consider that, when running, it takes 45s for every 100m.

Therefore, to know the number of seconds he ran, you have to calculate the following.

$$ \frac{45\text{s}}{100\text{m}} \cdot 800\text{m} $$

For walking, it is 90s for every 100m.

Add the running and walking time to the jumping over obstacles time, convert in minutes and you will get the answer.

Do not hesitate if you have other questions!

Ask a question