Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Grade 2 • 2yr.

Hello, 

I am having difficulty counting numbers. I have to do this in several ways, but I don't understand how. 

One last question, how do I write the numbers? I find it difficult. Thanks a lot!!

Mathematics

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (1)

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 2yr.

Hello, 

thank you for your question!

First of all, to count, you can use several methods. You can count each unit, which can sometimes take a long time if you have a large number. You can also count by dozens, which can be faster, and even by hundreds! It helps to count faster. When you have a large number of objects to count, an almost always effective strategy is to make groups (of 10 for example).

Then, to write the numbers, you have to learn the spelling of certain words by heart. For example, the numbers 0 to 12 are numbers that have words to memorize (twelve, one, four, etc.). Also, for the numbers between 13 and 19, you have to use the numbers between 1 and 9 and add « teen » at the end (nineteen, fourteen, etc.) On the other hand, for the following numbers, you just have to learn the writing of groups of tens (twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, etc.) and add, using a hyphen, the missing figure. Here are some examples: twenty-two, forty-four.

Have a good evening!

Audrey :-)

Ask a question