Skip to content

Help Zone

Student Question

Grade 2 • 2yr.

Hello, I have difficulty passing the measure exercises in class. Sometimes we have measure time (we have to say about how long some activities take) and sometimes we have to measure objects. I would like to have some tips to improve myself please !!

Mathematics

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (1)

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 2yr.

Hello, thank you for your question! :-)

There are several tips that I will give you so that you can practice.

First of all, for object measurement exercises, I suggest you practice at home. You can take a ruler like you have in class or a measuring tape and measure the objects you have in your house. It could be a tissue box, a book, your pillow, etc. Then you can write the measurements on a piece of paper and ask your parents to check if the measurements are correct. There are several items you can use, so you can practice as much as you want!

Then, for the time measurement, you can look at the time it takes you for activities that you do every day. This will give you a better idea of ​​the time when you have to do the next exercises in class. You can also ask your parents to help you find out how long it takes you for an activity. For example, many TV shows are 30 minutes long, while washing your hands takes no more than a minute.

Good practice!

Audrey :-)

Ask a question