Skip to content

Spruce Up Your Study Space contest

Ask a school-related question in the Help Zone and you could win a $350 prize. See the details

See the details

Help Zone

Student Question

Grade 4 • 2yr.

Hello, I would like to improve my reading but when I asked my teacher for advice, she told me to reread the same text over and over, multiple days in a row. Why?

French

{t c="richEditor.description.title"} {t c="richEditor.description.paragraphMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.inlineMenu"} {t c="richEditor.description.embed"}

Explanations (2)

• Options
    Grade 6 • 1yr.

Hi!

she probably asked you that because it helps to understand and to memorise it.

For example, when you write and text and you want to correct it, you read it and it helps you to find the mistakes.

Hope that helped you!

• Explanation from Alloprof

Explanation from Alloprof

This Explanation was submitted by a member of the Alloprof team.

Options
    Team Alloprof • 2yr.

Hello, thank you for your question! :-)

By rereading the same album, novel or text, you work a lot on your reading, because you work on your reading rhythm and vocabulary words. Also, you will be able to better understand the story by having read it several times: you will know it by heart! It’s for these reasons that your teacher suggested that you reread what you read in general: it allows you to develop several aspects of your reading skills at once!

I hope that answers your question and have a good evening!

Audrey :-)

Ask a question